Sunday, December 12, 2010

the practice of being thankful

After a flurry of fun houseguests and sleepless nights this past week, I found myself struck down with a cold. And when I have a cold I am grumpy. Matt and I are both encouraging eachother to be thankful in all circumstances. So in a quiet moment when both kids were napping, I sat down to write a list of things I was thankful for, even though I was sick. I thought I'd share it!


I am thankful that…
1. even though I am sick it is nothing serious and I will feel better again soon
2. my kids are fairly happy to play by themselves while mommy sits on the couch
3. my husband can come home in the middle of the day to help me when I am exhausted, plagued by a bad headache and need to get the kids down for naps
4. being sick is the exception and not the rule for my body
5. there are meals in the freezer that are easy to make
6. I got a good night’s sleep last night



And now I am thankful that I am well and can enjoy my family and this Christmas season!

1 comment:

  1. That's such an encouraging reminder! THank you for sharing Joy!

    ReplyDelete