I love teaching kids to read. I spent the years before being a mommy teaching other children these skills. That moment when they sound out a word and get it, or read a story, comprehend it and laugh. It is precious and so important.
And now I want my own kids to love reading.
(because I sure do)
This morning I walked into Peter's room and this is what I found.

Hannah sitting on the bed, "reading" books to Peter.
By "reading" I mean showing him the pictures and telling him something about the page.
Peter was sitting in his crib, enthralled and holding his own book, trying to "read".
And now I want my own kids to love reading.
(because I sure do)
This morning I walked into Peter's room and this is what I found.
Hannah sitting on the bed, "reading" books to Peter.
By "reading" I mean showing him the pictures and telling him something about the page.
Peter was sitting in his crib, enthralled and holding his own book, trying to "read".
All of these are little, necessary steps in the journey to becoming a reader.
Success!
(or at least the first steps of it.)
These are the moments that melt my heart as a mommy and encourage me as a teacher.
i just want to squeeze them. so cute.
ReplyDeletethis is one of my favorite moments to catch too!
ReplyDelete