As a city girl, the art of homemade jam is both foreign and fascinating.
I love fruit and the idea of having your very own trees sounds glorious. (Now, I can tell you by experience that getting trees to produce fruit has proved a harder test of patience than I expected.) And the idea of having so much fruit you can't eat it all is amazing to me.
So yesterday, when a friend offered me a lot of apricots off her tree I jumped at the opportunity to make jam (with some very specific directions from her - a seasoned jam maker).
I love fruit and the idea of having your very own trees sounds glorious. (Now, I can tell you by experience that getting trees to produce fruit has proved a harder test of patience than I expected.) And the idea of having so much fruit you can't eat it all is amazing to me.
So yesterday, when a friend offered me a lot of apricots off her tree I jumped at the opportunity to make jam (with some very specific directions from her - a seasoned jam maker).
I got everything out on the counter and ready.
Put Peter down for a nap (a seriously key step in the process).
Put Peter down for a nap (a seriously key step in the process).
add the sugar and our jam is boiling!
It passed the taste test!
No comments:
Post a Comment