Peter is two and 2 1/2 months!
And like many two year olds there are some landmark challenges that come with this stage
- our current one -
staying in bed when you realize you have the ability to get out.
I think I've mentioned before that Peter is kind of a like a monkey - he loves climbing!

For the past two weeks, he's decided that climbing out of his crib (at all hours of the night), turning on the light and running out of his room - is way better than sleeping.
And this tired mommy (and daddy) are working like crazy to figure out how to get him to sleep again.
In this midst of this I've been reminding myself of some of the things I love about this little guy.
And like many two year olds there are some landmark challenges that come with this stage
- our current one -
staying in bed when you realize you have the ability to get out.
I think I've mentioned before that Peter is kind of a like a monkey - he loves climbing!
For the past two weeks, he's decided that climbing out of his crib (at all hours of the night), turning on the light and running out of his room - is way better than sleeping.
And this tired mommy (and daddy) are working like crazy to figure out how to get him to sleep again.
In this midst of this I've been reminding myself of some of the things I love about this little guy.
Peter gives great hugs.
And with some wise insight (from other parents who have gone before us), as well as a lot of man hours - deconstructing the crib, and turning Peter's room into a toddler-proof fortress, we finally have a sleeper again!
Each time he gets up from a nap or in the morning - our whole family celebrates
Peter staying in his "big boy" bed with a cheer and a dance.
Today we even celebrated with a Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treat at snack.
Rejoicing at being "big"
Big sister "Ahn - uh" (peter's sweet way of saying Hannah)
Each time he gets up from a nap or in the morning - our whole family celebrates
Peter staying in his "big boy" bed with a cheer and a dance.
Today we even celebrated with a Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treat at snack.
Rejoicing at being "big"
Big sister "Ahn - uh" (peter's sweet way of saying Hannah)
has been instrumental in making Peter's bed an exciting place to be and showing him how to sleep in it.
Okay, so your challenge may not be keeping a 2 year old in his bed,
but whatever it is - with patience, prayer and the support of others -
if this tired, pregnant, and sick with a cold mommy can do it -
you can do it too!!!
Oh Joy, I absolutely LOVE this post! love it!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love it too!
ReplyDeleteHaha, I love the ending.
ReplyDeleteWay to be persistent and congrats on the success! I heard about Peter throwing his lovey over the stairs- too funny!
ReplyDeleteThis is really cute Joy! I do not miss those days. Glad you guys got it figured out. You two are amazing parents!
ReplyDeleteFabulous! Peter's hair is so ridiculous! :)
ReplyDeleteJohn and I are in the same struggle with Carter. He has the most problems staying in bed at bedtime when Mommy and Daddy are watching tv. Thanks for the optimism as I am tired in the 8th month of pregnancy. :)
ReplyDelete