Wednesday, July 3, 2013

perspective

A few days ago, I bid adieu to my two precious older ones and left them in 
grandma & grandpa's care.
(not to worry, they are having a LOT of fun)




 And Abigail and I boarded a 10 hour plane ride,
only to discover that the bassinet
 I had requested,
 counted on,
 confirmed
and then confirmed again
was not available.

(the airline booked two babies in the same row and had oversold the flight - oops)

So I got moved to a seat with no bassinet and no way of setting down Abigail for 10 hours.
Did I mention that Abigail starting running a fever just a few hours before the flight and that I was pretty sure she had an ear infection.

This was seriously the makings for a mommy meltdown.
And four years ago I most certainly would have started crying and wondering how I was ever going to make it through to meet Matt.

But you know what?

I stayed totally calm.
I remembered the 11 hour bus ride through West Africa where I only stood up once and
the enormously long flight to India with Hannah and
the time I flew with Hannah & Peter by myself to LA and
Hannah's ear infection that we got treated in Chennai
and I thought what a treat it was for a stay at home mom to travel internationally
with only one child
and I took a deep breath and thought I can do this!

And joy of all joys the stewards found an old bassinet (thanks be to God),
shoved it under the empty seat next to me and Abigail slept for 6 hours of the flight!!

Can you see her down there?

 And we made it!

Reunited with Daddy

and ready to explore!

No comments:

Post a Comment