Tuesday, September 10, 2013

london

oh hello,



I thought before I moved on to sharing about all the current adventures going on in our family I would back up and post a few pictures of our marathon day in London.
(no we didn't run 26.2 miles but we came close to walking it.)



I had never visited London before so we packed in seeing all the major sites in one day.
(okay, there's a lot we missed and I look forward to going back)

We started at the Tower of London


riding the conveyor belt over and over again to see the Crown Jewels.
 
 


We got a great view of the Tower Bridge.


And Matt tried out his sharp shooter skills.
 


Abigail spent the whole day in our Ergo carrier, sleeping, smiling at other tourists
and taking in the sights and sounds.


Our next stop was to ride a double decker bus to St. Paul's cathedral.


And then on to a boat ride down the River Thames.
 


I saw the The London Bridge I sang about as a kid.


We got off the river to see Big Ben


and Westminster Abbey.
 
 
 
 


After much searching and literally walking in circles,
we found a yummy Indian restaurant for dinner.



On this trip Matt discovered a love for almond Magnum ice cream bars.


 Our last stop was Buckingham Palace and we just happened to be there
for the changing of the guard.
(Can anyone tell me why there are "guards" and armed "guards"?)


Whew!  
Tired and with sore feet we got back on the underground.  
Back to our hotel.


And then flew home!


No comments:

Post a Comment