Sunday, June 13, 2010

matt's creations

Over the past 8 years of married life Matt has become a great cook! (I must admit this was not a skill I ever dreamed he'd possess when we said "I do". I'm pretty sure he has even surprised his mother with this talent.)

Here are a few of his recent creations:

a double layer chocolate cake with blackberry preserve filling and ganache frosting

marinated and grilled steak & veggies with homemade spicy pesto and roasted sweet potatoes

a fruit cake for Hannah's 2nd birthday (recreated from a picture of a cake my mom made for my 2nd birthday)
aahhh, this is the good life - to have a husband who cooks for you!

3 comments:

  1. I am still thinking about the pizzas Matt did on the grill last summer. Sooooo good!

    Hey, I'm pretty sure one of your first dates involved teaching Matt to cook in our kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so true JR, I'm pretty sure our relationship was based on cooking! Then I suppose it's not as surprising that Matt would take up cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like Chris. When we first met he only knew how to cook hamburger helper. Now he loves to cook and is great at cooking too. Such a blessing. ;-)

    ReplyDelete