It is a becoming a much-loved tradition in our family that Matt & I go away for a night around Valentine's Day. Yes, we leave the kids at home with Grammy and take off on an adventure.
I love surprises so Matt planned the whole weekend on his own and didn't tell me where we were going until we were on I80 headed west and I guessed it had something to do with the coast. (I also love the ocean.)
This year's destination: Point Reyes!
We started off by hiking down to Kehoe Beach and walking the length of the beach. It was gorgeous and empty! (This is a big deal to a girl who grew up in LA where every beach is covered with people.)
I love surprises so Matt planned the whole weekend on his own and didn't tell me where we were going until we were on I80 headed west and I guessed it had something to do with the coast. (I also love the ocean.)
This year's destination: Point Reyes!
We started off by hiking down to Kehoe Beach and walking the length of the beach. It was gorgeous and empty! (This is a big deal to a girl who grew up in LA where every beach is covered with people.)
We saw a total of 6 people (including ourselves).
After a few blissful hours enjoying the sound of waves crashing on the sound - we got in the car and drove out to the northern most point of Pt.Reyes. Along the way we saw some Tulle Elk and hundreds of cows out to pasture. I had to take this picture for Hannah. She loves cows!
The next morning we explored the Point Reyes Lighthouse! It was quite an experience to stand on this little piece of land jutting out into a vast, seemingly endless ocean. I can't imagine the life of the men who used to live out here and keep the lighthouse functioning in storms.
this looks like heaven
ReplyDeleteerin. it was.
ReplyDelete