Monday, July 4, 2011

burgers

It is now that time of the year again.


All the Robbins (yes, there are now 18 of us) - get together and have a Burger Cook-off to celebrate the 4th of July and further illustrate our love of competition.

Lots of planning


preparation,


and grilling went into it.


To make the grilling portion more fair this year we had two gas grills and one charcoal grill all going at the same time to accommodate the 27 burgers 


and 12 sliders.



The burgers were "plated" (a term referring to assembling the grilled patty with all it's delicious accouterments and sandwiching it inside some sort of bun/roll), 


secured with toothpicks and cut into quarters.



Then carefully laid out on each place mat.


Our tasting palate.

Let the tasting and judging commence.


We carefully savored a bite of each burger quarter on our place mats and then wrote comments and assigned a 1-5 score.  (Personally, I think I made the right move this year by not entering a burger - I helped my oldest niece with her sliders and then reaped the benefits of everyone else's hard work.)


Okay, maybe we stuffed our faces a little bit.

And the results are in....


Tim's "Jalapeno Popper Burger" won first place!  


We finished the night with some sparklers


and fireworks.

Happy 4th of July!

2 comments:

  1. Yum, they all look delicious. I love this tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a super brilliant tradition- i love it! sounds like the makings of a good get-together!

    ReplyDelete