Wednesday, May 9, 2012

grunt work

My kids love to have jobs.

I love it when their "jobs" are actually helpful.

Sunday night we were outside and I noticed that there were about one hundred green plums in our yard (from Matt pruning our neighbors' tree).  They all have to be picked up so that our dog does not eat them and so they do not go into the soil and sprout 30 or 40 little plum trees.

I was getting tired just thinking of bending down and picking all these up on a hot night.

And then I thought - my kids would be great at this!

So I put them to work!


They were enthusiastic,


effective,


and joyous little workers
 

Of course, breaks must be taken to jump out of cars and go down slides.



The best part of all, is that Hannah (on her own initiative) went back outside tonight and collected even more.



Ah, I love little hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment