This afternoon my beloved grandfather passed away.

My heart is sad for so many reasons, he will not meet his third great grandchild, I will not hear him laugh or say "Well, that's interesting" anymore, ....
and yet I am grateful that he is no longer in pain, that he met and played with and got to know both Hannah & Peter, that he was here for so much of my life.
It is a funny thing to be anticipating a new baby coming in just over a month while grieving the death of one I've known for 32 years.
The contrast of life and death is stark and yet so interrelated.
My heart is sad for so many reasons, he will not meet his third great grandchild, I will not hear him laugh or say "Well, that's interesting" anymore, ....
and yet I am grateful that he is no longer in pain, that he met and played with and got to know both Hannah & Peter, that he was here for so much of my life.
It is a funny thing to be anticipating a new baby coming in just over a month while grieving the death of one I've known for 32 years.
The contrast of life and death is stark and yet so interrelated.
No comments:
Post a Comment