Friday, May 16, 2014

four

Today marks four years as a mom of this boy.
And I am so proud (and humbled).


As a girl who grew up in a family of girls and is, well, quite girly, bringing up a boy has been is a stretching, often frustrating, creatively demanding, mind-blowing experience.


I often look at him and say "Where did you get that idea?"

I have come to love crashing monster trucks into each other, building tall towers just to knock them down, incorporating super heroes in to every aspect of life, contemplating what bad guys eat (namely, no fruit or food their mommy makes just trees and snot, according to Peter), and examining the wonder of a dead bug.

a car we recently built together
This little guy is equal parts strong and sensitive.


Sometimes his tears and need for mommy surprise me.

He did not want to turn four.  
In fact, he was crying a couple of nights ago about it and this morning he declared he was just "almost four".

But he's come around.


Of course blowing out candles,  


opening gigantic presents and a huge frozen yogurt treat with daddy didn't hurt. 




I can't wait to see what challenges and joys this next year brings.

I think they'll be good for both of us.




And he still gives the best neck squeeze hugs around...



No comments:

Post a Comment