I spent most of the school year feeling overwhelmed with life and caring for the kids and house and never got to the point where I really felt settled into a groove - thanks to illness, surgery, sick kids, ER visits, sick kids, tragedy, sick kids...did I mention that our kids were crazy sick this year?
so I was wondering how this summer would feel - all three kids home. would it be overwhelming? would we all be sick, again? would there be enough to do? would I feel like we had too much travel or too little travel? would I spend the whole summer breaking up fights?
as we are now embarking on our third week of summer, I find most of my fears laid aside and am relishing the laziness of each day! We are all enjoying sleeping in and eating slow breakfasts in our pajamas, nowhere to race off to (except the pool or beach or necessary store run), catching up with family and friends we don't get to see as often during the school year. and really, being all together is great.
And yes, there are the daily, hourly, sometimes minutely sibling fights to break up or the baby to peel off of biting someone and there have been enormous loads of laundry to do (9 in 24 hours, thanks Matty for taking that on) and often stressful traveling situations that involve high pitched shrieking (not my own).
but I'm happy at the end of the day that we can spend this time together and make these memories...
visiting Great Grandma
driving go carts for Father's Day
playing a lot of Crazy 8s while waiting for food at restaurants
pool time with Grammy
(and Hannah swimming on her own, hurray)
running in cold waves with friends
just being together
getting really, really dirty
eating amidst the Redwood trees
singing a lot of "Let it Go"
cousin sleepover at our house
perfecting the art of roasting a marsmellow
and teaching it to others
enjoying the fruits of our labor
as it turns out,
having these three little people all to myself and not having to share them with school
is pretty fun
most of the time. :)
I will never get over how cute your kids are! Especially Abigail in the dirt, haha. Glad you're having a quality summer!
ReplyDelete