Tuesday, July 13, 2010

15

I took Peter to the Mother & Baby Source store today to weigh him and my jaw dropped open when the scale read 15.05 lbs. Now, yes, he was wearing some lite-weight clothes, so naked (which is how a baby's weight is often determined) he's probably closer to to 14.5 lbs - but still, he's gigantic for 8 weeks old. He put on 6lbs in 8 weeks!

To put this in perspective, doctor's generally want to see full-term babies double their birthweight by 6 months. He's on target to do that in 3 months. And at 2 years old, Hannah weighs in at 25.5lbs. The big question in my mind now is when will Peter pass up Hannah in weight?

The good news is that this means he's a healthy boy - who eats often and sleeps well! It also means I'm a crazy productive milk-machine.


I must say, it is a good thing for younger siblings to be big and sturdy because

they put up with a lot of poking, prodding and


over-zealous cuddling from their older siblings. :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, he didn't look that big! So fun to see you 3. Tell Matt I was sorry I missed him but great preaching:)

    ReplyDelete