Saturday, July 31, 2010

not previously mentioned july highlights

It is the last day of July 2010 and so much has happened this past month that I have yet to write about.

Here goes...

I turned 30 this past month and really feel no qualms about being a decade older!
We celebrated by enjoying fondue at the Melting Pot (my favorite restaurant) with our friends the Seitz's. And then headed to my sister-in-law's house for some champagne & strawberries.


8 days later, Matt & I celebrated 8 years of marriage! Wohoo! We enjoyed a delicious, child-free date at Lucca's restaurant.


Where we sampled Governor Schwarzenegger's favorite dish - zucchini chips. (They were pretty awesome!)

Between my birthday and our anniversary we headed to Donner Lake for our first family vacation as a family of four!


While we were there Hannah caught her first fish, using her new Disney Princess pole. (She's been talking about it ever since.)


Incidentally, I caught a fish at the same time and sent Matt running between the two of us to reel them both in.

Matt caught his largest trout ever on this trip and discovered the best way to cook a trout - battered & deep-fried!


S'mores
are my absolute favorite dessert and an absolute must when in the mountains and doing anything that resembles camping. Hannah enjoyed her first s'more on this trip and loved it! I'm so glad to have shared the moment with her!



What was Peter doing during all of these great adventures?

sleeping


Whew, that was a mouthful!
Thanks for making it through our highlight reel!

No comments:

Post a Comment