Hannah loves to paint.
It's one of those things as a mom (and previously as a teacher) that I cringe when asked to do because of the inevitable mess it makes. But kids love it and so I do it anyway.
(And I'm coming to embrace the creative splatters and all.)
Last week I showed her how to use watercolors with a brush but she decided they were better used with fingers.
It's one of those things as a mom (and previously as a teacher) that I cringe when asked to do because of the inevitable mess it makes. But kids love it and so I do it anyway.
(And I'm coming to embrace the creative splatters and all.)
Last week I showed her how to use watercolors with a brush but she decided they were better used with fingers.
Yesterday we went back to some homemade finger paints.
And of course what big sister does little brother wants to do.
So I got creative and gave him some berry yogurt to finger paint with. It's edible (because there is no doubt in my mind that he'll put it in his mouth) and pretty easily contained on his tray.
He loved it!
(as I write this I notice that he is definitely wearing his sister's flower bib, sorry Peter)
my two little artists at work.
if you want to make your own finger paint here is a great tutorial: http://www.icanteachmychild.com/2011/06/squeezable-homemade-finger-paint/
or of course, you can just use yogurt! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment