Tuesday, February 28, 2012

school days

Hannah loves school.

I realize I haven't said very much about her school experience. So here is a taste of it

This morning she woke me up incredibly excited because today was "Green Eggs and Ham" day at school.  It is currently her favorite book and she really wanted to bring it with her to school.


The Cat in the Hat met her at the gate into the school yard. They had green eggs and ham for snack (which ironically, she didn't even taste).  And of course, read the book.

Peter assisted Hannah in carrying her book home

Hannah also loves the days where I come to school with her.  Last Thursday was Pajama Day and since it was my workday,  I got roped into also wearing my pajamas to school.  While I felt a bit silly on the way there, Hannah assured me "It's okay mommy." 


I think the funniest part of the school day is "snack bar" where they can come stand around a short island and eat handfuls of cheerios to get them through circle time and onto the official snack time.  I'm pretty sure Hannah never passes up an opportunity for snack bar.


Here's a picture of the inside of the classroom.  
(Although it doesn't usually look this crowded - this was our special Thanksgiving Feast with friends and family.)


Hannah sits at the green table for snack time and I can generally count on hearing what they've eaten for snack everyday.


Outside she loves riding the double tree swing or the horses or bikes with her friends.



And friends are definitely the best part of the school experience.  Every night she prays and thanks God for Stephanie and Saillee (two of her buddies).


I can't believe it's time to register her for next year.

(By the way can you see how much she's grown up?  The pictures at the top of the post are from today and the ones at the bottom are from the Fall.)


No comments:

Post a Comment