Monday, February 13, 2012

valentines

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day.
And of course, I remembered at 4:30pm this afternoon that Hannah could bring Valentines for her whole class of 24 tomorrow when she goes to school.  Eeeks!  I was out of town all weekend on a fabulous girls' getaway (more to come on that later), have a sick hubby who is at work and a rambunctious 1 1/2 year old who is definitely not going to let any art fun pass by him.  So what to do?

One thing I have discovered about myself as a parent is that I am extremely practical.  (Sometimes a little too much so.)  As I walked the aisles of the Nugget grocery store I thought about and discarded all crafty, expensive or candy related ideas for something simple that Hannah could participate in and give out with joy tomorrow.  And really, what parent is not going to be excited to see among the paper and candy an orange for their child to enjoy?

So this is what we did.

I bought a bag of "Cuties" with just enough for each student to have one.



I got out a sheet of white address labels and let Hannah color them pink to her heart's delight.

Then, I wrote "love, Hannah" on each one.


Cut them down a bit.

And she (who absolutely loves stickers) - stuck them on and put them in a bag.


We made a couple on large oranges with big heart cutouts for her teachers.


Some of them apparently deserved a little kiss.





And we are done in 20 minutes and it only cost $5!

I look forward to her excitement in getting to pass them out tomorrow and I'm glad I didn't give up and wait until next year to do Valentine's for school.

(if you are feeling a bit behind and short on time like me, feel free to use this idea!)

No comments:

Post a Comment