Yesterday and today I have taken such joy in putting my kids down for naps.
We read a book together and then I sit on the floor of their darkened room and I sing.
Song after song - camp song, worship song, kid's song, songs that my mom sang to my sister and I.
I sing until Peter's eyes start to close and Hannah finally settles down.
And I find that there is something beautiful about that moment of slowing down and doing nothing else.
At 7 months pregnant, much of life right now is characterized by my own need to slow down.
And you know what?
I don't mind.
I enjoy sitting at the table with the kids gluing random stuff to pieces of paper.
I've been reminded a lot recently that God created us to be.
We are human beings and not human "doings".
Our value comes not from what we accomplish in a day but from the One who made us.
My kids and this growing little one inside me are constantly giving me the opportunity
to slow down, be and just enjoy it.
Now I'm off to take a nap.
No comments:
Post a Comment