Tuesday, September 25, 2012

sick days

So I am sick.

Not just a cold (even though colds are sure uncomfortable) but really, really sick, like with pneumonia.

And at 30 weeks pregnant that's a pretty miserable thing to be.

Add on top of it that my loving hubby is in one of his busiest weeks of work
(welcome week for UCD students), the loving responsibility of caring for Hannah and Peter and it sure sounds like a recipe for disaster around our house doesn't it?

But you know what is surprising?



So many people have pitched in to watch the kids and bring us food so I can rest and Matt can work.

And we're making it.
We're tired, but we're making it.

What could have just been a horrific mess with all of us at each other's throats and my incessant coughing on top of it, has turned out to be a pretty peaceful week of tackling each day as it comes and watching as God provides more friends and family to help.

For example,
(the cousins)
today marks the second day this week that my kids have spent ALL day at their cousin's house.
They love it there!  They are well taken care of.
I'm pretty sure if given the choice they'd rather stay the night there.
They play and play and play and occasionally stop to eat.
And it allowed Matt to take me back to the doctor and interpret all my coughs into words.
 and then he went back to work and I went back to resting in a quiet house.
It was the best I could imagine for the situation we're in.

And that's one other thing I should mention - Matt has seriously stepped up his game and risen to the challenge this week.  He just completed his 33 page paper for his Doctoral program at Fuller, and has been running around to all the welcome events, shuttling kids to and fro, sitting with me at the doctor and speaking for me (every time I talk I launch into another coughing fit),  making sure I have what I need and assuring me that we will get through this and that he loves me so much!

I am so grateful for him!


He takes good care of me.

so do my friends,

and my family,

and my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment